- HOW TO ENTER: "If I were President" Facebook Competition starts February 23, 2012 and ends March 23, 2012. To enter: you must first become a Facebook Friend of U.S Embassy Nigeria. You may enter only once as a U.S. Embassy Facebook Friend. Entries must be received by 03/23/12 to be eligible.
- PRIZE: Top five (5) contestants will receive books from the Information Resources Center, signed certificates from the U.S. Ambassador to Nigeria Terence P. McCulley and an opportunity to meet with the Ambassador at the certificate presentation.
- JUDGMENT: Winners will be selected based on interpretation and application of democracy principles, writing ability and viability of solutions provided to the national problem(s) addressed by the contestant. The decision of the judges will be final. The winners will be notified through an electronic communication such as electronic mail or SMS.
- ELIGIBILITY: If I were president is open only to Nigerians who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Embassy staff and family members are exempted.
If I were President...
Assuming you are the President what solutions would you proffer to current national issues facing your country?
Pick a current issue that affects you and if you are the President, how will you address and solve the problem keeping in focus the principles of democracy.
- Your post must not be more that One Thousand (1000) characters
- No criticisms of current government programs and activities. Simply state your solutions to issues.
- Keep post clean and decent.
- Respect religion and cultures. Do not critize any one.